What We Offer
Our Academic Programs
Greenwood Groove Academy offers the British curriculum, which is popular among international schools worldwide. The curriculum is well respected all over the world for its quality and focuses on the wholesome development of the child.
The Kindergarten Section begins from Playgroup, KG 1, 2 and 3
• The Junior Section from years 1-6
• The Senior Section from years 7-13
As a solution to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, we offer a hybrid learning experience having online classes as well as in-person learning. Click here to join our online classes.
Extra Academic Activity
Greenwood Groove Academy offers various co-curricular activities such as Swimming, Football, Rounders, Netball, Basketball, Volleyball, Roller skating, Cycling, Martial arts, Ballet, and indoor sports such as Table tennis, Badminton, and Board Games.
Our learners also get opportunities to participate in various external sporting activities organized by MISL (Mombasa International School Leagues), SBS (Sunrise Bay Sports) Mseto (Mombasa Sporting Events Organizers), Buffalo Triathlon, Aquathlon, Duathlon, and Cycling Challenges, and others which could be held within or out of the country.
GGA also organizes sporting Summer Camps and Boot camps during the holidays to engage their learners.
The benefits to these are to grow independence, strategic thinking, responsibility, impact teamwork skills, and to help the learner develop and nurture lifelong skills.
We also offer membership for our Swimming, Table tennis, Badminton and Karate Clubs which is open for all during the weekdays and weekends.
A fine day to appreciate art
Frequently Asked Questions
- English, Mathematics and Science: Externally examined by Pearson Edexcel at Year 6.
- Kiswahili, French and German: To lay a multi-lingual foundation for learner.
- Geography and History: To create awareness on the past and current local and global events.
- Information Communication and Technology (ICT) and Art: To enhance early innovation and creativity in the learners.
- Physical Education (P.E.): To promote physical competence, healthy living, self-responsibility and enjoyment.
Senior Section at Greenwood Groove Academy offers 17 subjects as clustered below.
Students take different subjects depending on the demands and school policy guiding the key stage level they are in.
These subjects are:
|1||English Language B||
Information and Communication Technology
|15||Art & Design||
School vans are available for all who opt for school transport and we reach as far as Mtwapa and beyond.
- The first step towards an admission is the entrance (interview) exam which is free of charge.
- An application form has to be filled, attached with the students’ credentials i.e. birth certificate, two (2) passport pictures, copies of parents I.D or passport and school leaving certificate and latest report form and school fee payment slip or Mpesa message.
Our canteen offers a wide range of snacks and healthy dishes where students can buy from. But one can opt to carry snacks and lunch from home.
- Class trip expenses
- Year 6, 9, 11, 12 and 13 external (International exams)
- School and sports uniforms
- Payable clubs i.e. martial arts, ballet, skating etc.
Our academic year runs from September to July when learners break for the long summer holidays. September is when students transit to the next year of study.
The average number of students per class is 15.When that number is attained at any particular class we split the class into 2(two) streams.
We have fully embraced digital teaching and learning and our classrooms are fitted with state of the art smart boards to enrich learning.
Classes start at 8:00 am but all students should be in class by 7:45 am and ends at 3:30pm in the afternoon.
We have two breaks in a day:
- 10.00 am to 10.30 am
- 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm from Monday to Thursday and Fridays are half day for the students.